Rigid Sun Tunnel
The VELUX flex tunnels and rigid tunnels provide installation flexibility. Flex tunnels can be used when the distance between the roof and the ceiling is too small for a rigid tunnel. Rigid tunnels deliver a straight shaft of light for when the ceiling is placed directly under the exterior window.
A VELUX sun tunnel can be installed in tiled roofs (TWF/TWR) or slated roofs (TLF/TLR). Sun tunnels for pitched roofs can be installed in roofs with 15°- 60° pitches.
- Recommended for tunnel lengths from 0.9 to 6 m between the roof and ceiling.
- The 1.7m long rigid tunnel should be used when greater lengths- in combination with ZTR extension sections- are necessary and to ensure adequate daylight levels are obtained. It is supplied with 2 x 45 degree bends.
- Can be extended to distances up to 6 m.
- Rigid tunnels has a diameter of either 35 cm or 25 cm.
- Super reflective coating along with interior of the tunnel provides a 98% internal reflection rate.
- An easy-to-assemble diffuser comes complete with a frosted polycarbonate insulating frame.
- Roof module is with 4 mm toughened glass and a removable sash. The glass is with clear and clean coating on the outside.